If you’re thinking of switching your dog onto a meatier diet now they’re a bit older, or even if you just want to try a new brand of dog food, this guide is instrumental in telling you the highest rated products and why.
Dogs can be as fussy in humans when choosing their foods, which is why it’s a good idea to know what sort of products are out there, which would best benefit your dog health-wise and what to try that might satisfy even the fussiest of canines. Nutrition is a crucial part of your dogs diet and whether you want to transition completely from dry to wet food or continue with a mix of the two, this article will help you make an informed decision on the best canned dog food for your pooch.
- Things to Consider
- A Chart Rating the Best Canned Dog Food
- Top 3 Canned Dog Food Reviews
- [easyazon_link asin=”B0029NGZ5K” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. CESAR Canine Cuisine[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B000261O0M” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. ULTRA Holistic Superfood[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B0033YYG46″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. Hill’s Science Diet[/easyazon_link]
Things to Consider
- Switching from Dry to Wet. Whilst you shouldn’t have any problems switching your dog from dry to wet food, the sudden influx of richness could cause a tummy upset initially. The best way to counteract this is to introduce the wet food slowly into your dogs diet, initially mixing it with dry so that their stomach becomes used to the richness. Over time you can adjust the ratio more and more until you feel comfortable eliminating dry completely.
- Hydration. Like humans, not all dogs drink as much water as they should, for more active breeds this can be an issue as you don’t want your canine to become dehydrated. This is another scenario in which wet food can be more beneficial to your dogs diet, helping them get the amount of water their body requires.
- Older Dogs. As your dog gets older its olfactory senses can start to fail. Because of this, they may get a greater amount of pleasure and therefore be more inclined to eat wet food due to its richer scent and flavor.
- Digestion. Some owners may choose to keep their dog on a dry diet, which is fine, but dogs are natural carnivores and their eagerness to eat wet food has been noted by many top dog nutritionists. It’s a great source of protein which is vital to your animal and as your dogs digestive system has been designed for a carnivore, they find meaty wet food easier to eat and digest.
A Chart Rating the Best Canned Dog Food
Top 3 Canned Dog Food Reviews
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B0029NGZ5K” cloaking=”default” height=”52″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71RorQdxvDL._SL1000_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]CESAR Canine Cuisine Variety Pack Filet Mignon & Porterhouse Steak Dog Food (Two 12-Count Cases)[/easyazon_image]
This is the best canned dog food on market, Cesar is a well-known and well-liked brand that is highly recommended amongst vets. The fact the tins are no fuss, easy to peel away and tap out into your dogs bowl makes them popular amongst dog owners as they are quick and convenient without skimping on the quality. The brand promises to give all the nutrition a healthy dog needs and the variety of flavours mean even my fussy pooch was satisfied.
The best part about Cesar is you can see the noticeable difference in your dogs behavior just from switching their diet to Cesar canned food. My dog has seemed more active lately, running around far more than she used to and her coat seems more sleek and shiny. There’s a reason that Cesar is the highest rated brand on the market, seeming to be the most universally likeable of canned dog food.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B000261O0M” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Ol2mmQL4L.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”180″]ULTRA Holistic Superfood Adult Canned Dog Food, 12.5 oz., Pack of 12[/easyazon_image]
The more holistic dog owner will find Nutro a great choice of canned dog food as its high in anti-oxidants. The canned food in particular is a unique blend of natural ingredients such as sunflower oil and blueberries as well as containing three high quality proteins proving popular amongst dog owners. My dog’s coat was softer and shinier after I switched her food to Nutro and the fact the tin contains three proteins means the food is doing all it can to help promote healthy and strong muscle growth.
Anti-oxidants are as beneficial to dogs as they are to humans and it helps make sure your dog remains healthy and boosts their immune system, it can also help promote healthy eyesight, something crucial to your pets vitality. This dog food has a more varied blend than most others on the market meaning it can offer your dog the super foods they need to keep their heart healthy. Since I started my dog on it, her shaky back legs seem stronger and she seems more confident running around as she used to.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B0033YYG46″ cloaking=”default” height=”114″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81O9adhD42L._SL1500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”180″]Hill’s Science Diet Adult Advanced Fitness Gourmet Beef Entree Dog Food, 13-Ounce Can, 12-Pack[/easyazon_image]
This is the third best canned dog food and Hill’s reputation for healthy, nutritious dog food precedes it. Hill is popular for using precise Science to ensure the best quality food and treats for your dog and it doesn’t let itself down in its canned food choices. Like a human, it is extremely important your dog gets the nutrients it needs to grow strong and healthy, their tinned food promotes ideal body weight and is less likely to upset the tummy of more picky dogs as its designed to be easy to digest.
It’s a brand strongly recommended by vets as it doesn’t just ensure the food is nutritious but it makes sure it has the right balance of the types of nutrients within it, meaning your dog has a great foundation to grow to be strong and healthy. This is a great example of a canned dog food you can put your pet on long term to help maintain their energy levels without overloading them on fatty produce.