Having a strong odor wafting from the litter box is no fun, and combatting the smell can be a difficult task, so it’s time to find a new litter brand.
The perfect cat litter…does it exist?
Probably not, but you can certainly find some of the best cat litters for odor control by referring to our guide below.
Use one of these and guests who visit your house for the first time won’t even know you have a cat until it rubs on their leg and purrs for attention. No one will be able to detect the “cat smell” because the litter will have already absorbed it all!
- Consider the Following
- Top 10 Cat Litters for Odor Control Complete Table
- Kitty’s Preference
- Litter Types
- Top 3 Best Cat Litter for Odor Control Reviews
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00L4BCTI0″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. BluKat Cat Litter Box Deodorizer[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00HJJUS2K” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Arm & Hammer 033200022046[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B0009X29WK” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. Precious Cat 460U[/easyazon_link]
Consider the Following
You’ve got plenty of choices, so consider the following before you make your final selection:
- Scented or Unscented. For some people, the cat litter scent is too potent, making the scent of the cat urine almost seem like a bouquet of roses.
If you’re sensitive to smells, then make sure you read the label to find out if it’s scented or unscented. You’ll want the latter, which remains neutral and allows your house to smell like…your house!
- Deodorizer. You may already have a preferred cat litter that both you and your cats feel comfortable with, but the odor is still an issue.
If this is the case, then opt for a deodorizer that will help absorb the additional smell while allowing you to keep your preferred litter brand.Check out numbers one and six on our list below if this sounds like the right solution for you.
Top 10 Cat Litters for Odor Control Complete Table
Each cat has different litter box preferences, so you may need to test out some brands in order to find one that your cat (or cats) feel comfortable with.
Buy a small quantity of new litter and introduce it to your cat gradually. If you see that they respond negatively (perhaps they begin to do their business throughout the house and not in the box, or they refuse to do anything), then you may need to find a new brand or a new strategy.
You can also set out several litter boxes with various types of litter to see which one your cat prefers.
Study your cat’s behavior and pay attention if he begins to behave differently toward the litter box.
There are different materials used to make cat litter and each one has strengths and weaknesses.
- Clay-based. You can find clumping and non-clumping clay-based litters. Clay absorbs liquid well and helps eliminate odors, but get the clumping mixture to make cleaning the litter box an easier task.
- Crystals. This is sand-based and is great at absorbing liquids and odors, but doesn’t tend to clump as well.
- Natural Materials. Corn is a common material used, but you can also find litters made from wheat, pine or paper pellets. This is great for anyone with allergies or who is sensitive to smells.
- Washable. Some granules are washable, but you’ll only purchase them for an automatic litter box specifically designed for them.
Top 3 Best Cat Litter for Odor Control Reviews
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00L4BCTI0″ cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81DAuSCzkoL._SL1500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”230″]
For those who haven’t already thought of it, an excellent alternative to an odor control litter is a cat litter additive like BluKat Deodorizer.
These little granules get mixed in with the litter (perhaps you already have a favorite litter or something that absorbs odors only to a certain degree) and absorb odor without disrupting your cat’s normal routine. The granules earth-friendly corncob granules absorb and eliminate cat urine odor and it deodorizes the litter box so it keeps it fresh for your kitty.
All you need is one to two tablespoons mixed in with your preferred litter brand, so the container will last you a while (around 40 tablespoons per package).
Get rid of foul cat urine smells with BluKat and everyone in the house will thank you!
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00HJJUS2K” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51qH1T8VEbL.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”230″]
Now that we’ve suggested a great additive, we have a few brands of litter that you’ll want to have a look at.
Arm & Hammer Clump and Seal is the best cat litter for odor control on our list. It clumps really well, doesn’t form a toxic dust cloud that you have to breath in as you pour it out, and, most importantly, it absorbs all cat urine smell. The granules are finer, as well, so you have less waste and better clumping.
If you haven’t already tried this litter, then now is the time to give it a whirl. You won’t be disappointed!
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B0009X29WK” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81-psT9AuOL._SL1500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”230″]
For those of you worried about an overpowering litter deodorant, you can rest easy with Precious Cat. It contains zero deodorants and perfumes, yet it effectively absorbs cat urine smells leaving your house with a natural scent.
It is hypoallergenic, 99.9% dust-free and clumps urine well, preventing it from reaching the bottom of the litter box. Just scoop and remove!
It’s affordable and keeps the smells at bay, so try some out if you’re need of something new.
The smallest bag is 18 pounds, which is a lot, so if for some reason it doesn’t work out; just donate it to a friend or your local animal shelter!