6 Best Couches for Dogs 2020
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
As dog owners ourselves, we figured you might appreciate some different solutions when it comes to finding the best couches for dogs: a specialty dog bed that’s shaped like a couch, a human-sized couch made of dog-friendly fabric or a couch cover that you can place over your existing couch for protection
In our guide below, we’ll show you some of both types of couches and provide you with some useful tips to help you choose.
Pet-friendly furnishings are a priority for those of us who love having our furry friends in the home but would also like to keep the home looking stylish.
Check out our unique suggestions below. We think you’ll like them!
- Top 6 Couches for Dogs Table
- Specialty Dog Bed
- Couch Cover
- Top 3 Best Couches for Dogs Reviews
- [easyazon_link asin=”B017J9KKJ0″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. PetFusion Ultimate Pet Bed & Lounge[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B01KMR5O06″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Serta Orthopedic Quilted Couch[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00GNU83HI” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. LexMod Prospect 2-Seater Loveseat[/easyazon_link]
Top 6 Couches for Dogs Table[ws_table id=”85″]
Specialty Dog Bed
Those of you searching for a specialty dog bed should have a look at numbers 1, 2 and 4 on our list above.
These are raised beds designed to look like a mini couch or doggie loveseat, perfect for the dog owner who wants to keep their pooch off the main couch.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you choose this style of doggie seating:
- Fabric. Many of these are designed with microfiber on the sections where your dog rests and more durable fabrics on the sides and/or base of the bed. Microfiber is one of the most pet-friendly options since it is easy to clean and it provides warmth.
- Size and Height. Find out what size of bed is recommended for the dog you have and be sure to find out the outer dimensions (to make sure it will fit in the designated area) and the inner dimensions (to see if your dog will fit comfortably). Remember that these beds tend to be slightly higher than most other dog beds, which can be a problem for older dogs (especially smaller breeds).
Those of you who need a couch for your home where you can also invite your dog up might check out numbers 3 and 5.
A few tips when it comes to finding a dog-friendly couch:
- Fabric. Leather and faux leather are the easiest to clean and they won’t absorb odors like other fabrics will. Dogs’ nails aren’t as sharp as cats’, so you probably won’t have to worry about them puncturing the leather (plus, dogs don’t “claw” things like cats do).
Microfiber suede is another favorite of pet owners since it’s quite easy to clean.
The alternative to purchasing a new couch is to purchase a couch cover like number 6 in our table above.
These are handy since you can easily toss them over the couch to protect the most exposed areas and remove them when you have company. They’re also easier to maintain since you can throw them in the wash any time.
Definitely not the most attractive option, but it does help protect the more delicate couch fabrics and keeps your couch free of doggy odors!
Top 3 Best Couches for Dogs Reviews
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B017J9KKJ0″ cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71mlpXphBtL._SP500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
If you want to provide a luxurious sleeping and lounging experience for your dog, then PetFusion has the ultimate dog couch/bed.
The base is a solid piece of high-density memory foam (as opposed to shredded foam or stuffing) and it has three walls to provide a comfortable “nest” for your dog to curl up in.
It’s available in three different sizes (small, large and extra-large) and each size has a replacement cover available (sold separately). The cover is made of a polyester/cotton mix.
Here are the outer dimensions of each size:
- Small: 25 x 20 x 5.5 inches
- Large: 36 x 28 x 9 inches
- Extra-Large: 44 x 34 x 10 inches
If you have the floor space and you prefer to keep your pooch off the regular couch, this is definitely one of the best couches for dogs only!
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B01KMR5O06″ cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81ZLJKXdjbL._SP500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
Dogs with short coats will love a bed like this in the cold weather.
The cover is made from a soft microfiber fleece and it zips right off so you can toss it in the washing machine and remove any stains or odors.
This is similar to the previous bed, but it only comes in the large size, making it suitable for medium to large breeds but not giant breeds (or extra-large mutts).
The base in this couch bed is made of a 4.5-inch layer of orthopedic egg crate foam, which is – as Goldilocks would say – just right in terms of comfort and firmness.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00GNU83HI” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/710ZmEZ1jML._SP500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
Our final suggestion is for those of you who need a dog-friendly couch that isn’t an eyesore.
As we mentioned, leather or faux leather are the easiest to clean if you have a dog: it doesn’t absorb odors, doesn’t absorb stains and you can easily remove dog hair and dirt since there are no fabric fibers for them to get stuck in. All you need to do is wipe it clean with a damp cloth and you’re done!
The quality and design of this couch are excellent for the asking price. It can be difficult to find a couch that you feel comfortable allowing your dog sit on, especially if you’re worried about smells and stains when guests visit.
With a couch like this, you don’t have to compromise style for function.