Labradors are a larger breed of dog than most, which is why they are generally more comfortable in mattress beds, allowing them the opportunity to stretch at will. Certain breeds of dog are more prone to particular illnesses or joint issues as they grow older, knowing which ailments might afflict your Lab can help you in choosing the best bed for their comfort long term.
We have compiled a list of the best dog beds for labs in order to provide you with the information you require to make an informed decision on which bed will best suit your dog.
- Things to Take into Consideration
- Top 6 Dog Beds for Labs Rated
- Top 3 Best Dog Beds for Labs Reviews
- [easyazon_link asin=”B009G9Y4LC” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B001E3EC9M” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B009SPYPKE” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory[/easyazon_link]
Things to Take into Consideration
- Age. Labs are unfortunately more prone to hip dysplasia and obesity than other breeds of dog, particularly in old age. Whilst an orthopedic bed at any age can be beneficial to your Lab, in the later stages of life it becomes almost a necessity to provide your dog with the comfort and support it needs for its rickety joints.
- Sleeping Position. Labs are dogs that generally like to spread out when they sleep, because of this they’re more inclined to find cushion, pillow or mattress beds more comfortable choices as they don’t restrict their sleeping position as donut beds might. Even if your Lab does prefer to curl up, it can be nice for them to have that option as their favorite sleeping position may change as they grow.
Top 6 Dog Beds for Labs Rated
Top 3 Best Dog Beds for Labs Reviews
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B009G9Y4LC” cloaking=”default” height=”288″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/717CtIQB4HL._SL1500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”310″]Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed – Large Size – 48 X 30 X 7 – Chocolate – For Large and Extra Large Breed Dogs (Headrest Edition)[/easyazon_image]
This comes top of the best dog beds for Labs as it’s specially calibrated for bigger dogs, being one of the larger breeds out there Labradors will love this bed and it’s 10 year guarantee means it can see your dog right into old age. This is the biggest benefit of orthopedic beds – your dog loves it’s comfort as a younger dog and as they get older and their joints weaken (and Labs are prone to more joint and muscle issues than other breeds), this bed will be invaluable to your pet.
It’s calibrated to retain 90% of its original foam shape and it makes getting up and down easier for your dog.
There are benefits for the owner too, it’s machine washable with a soft covering which is easy to unzip and remove as often as you feel necessary (a clean bed makes for a happy dog). Another benefit is that it fits in great with any home, it doesn’t look out of place or obviously pet orientated, making it a tasteful piece that can sit wherever your Lab best likes napping without you feeling self-conscious about having doggy merchandise everywhere!
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B001E3EC9M” cloaking=”default” height=”389″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91gq0GrtFHL._SL1500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”300″]Premium Extra Large Orthopedic Memory Foam Pet Dog Bed with Heavy Duty Waterproof Washable Denim Cover + Free Extra Replacement Case[/easyazon_image]
This is similar to our first Lab bed mentioned, although this one also has the added benefit of coming with a replacement case when you’re washing the bed cover. It comes with an internal waterproof cover so you don’t need to worry about any dog disasters ruining the quality of the bedding.
Dogbed4less are a highly reputable company employing only premium solid layer memory foam which is the same sold in therapeutic mattresses for humans meaning you can guarantee your dog is getting the same quality of sleep you are (or maybe even better).
The cover for this bed is denim, meaning it is heavy duty and difficult to rip and as such it’s durability far outshines similar beds. The size is perfect for a full grown large Lab dog and gives them the room they need if they want to stretch out.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B009SPYPKE” cloaking=”default” height=”367″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71BInIVrEJL._SL1500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”320″]Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed with Anti-Microbial Removable Waterproof Washable Non-slip Cover – X Large – 46 in. x 35 in. x 4 in.[/easyazon_image]
This comes third in the best dog beds for Labs ratings and like the other two products its memory foam base means it caters for your Lab through to the later stages of their life and contours to their body to ensure comfort and support.
One of the best features of this bed is the anti-slip cover on the bottom; we all know how boisterous our pets can be and one enthusiastic jump could lead your dog sliding across the floor on their new bed – the anti-slip cover prevents this eventuality.
The mattress is dual layered so as to prevent it from flattening over time and like the other two beds mentioned its waterproof, making it easy to clean and helping to protect the memory foam from any accidents your Lab may have as it grows older.