Best Dog Food for Pitbull Puppies 2020
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
As each breed of dog varies somewhat in their dietary needs it can be difficult to make sure your puppy is getting the right food it needs to grow. Pitbulls are a trickier breed of dog than some as they are prone to some health issues and require diets far higher in protein than others in order to encourage them to grow in muscle mass.
This guide will take you through the top six best dog food for Pitbull puppies, with the protein information readily on hand so you can make an informed decision as to which puppy food you think would be the best choice for your new dog.
- Top 6 Best Dog Food for Pitbull Puppies Table
- Buying Information
- Best Pitbull Puppy Food Reviews
- [easyazon_link asin=”B006BU77F4″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. Taste of the Wild High[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B003R0LLA8″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Purina Pro Plan Dry[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00KZKM2DI” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. Merrick Grain Free[/easyazon_link]
Top 6 Best Dog Food for Pitbull Puppies Table[ws_table id=”3″]
- Nutritional Value. Pitbulls need much more protein than the average dog due to their larger muscles mass and more active lifestyles. Furthermore high levels of protein can help prevent some severe health problems that Pitbulls are prone to.
Pitbulls should be eating food with protein content of between 25 and 40% and it should be supplemented with raw meat. So any of the foods above can be mixed with raw meat in order to ensure your Pitbull is getting the nutrients they need.
- Grain-Free. All the top rated products on this list are grain-free and by no coincidence. Although there is as of yet no scientific certainty as to whether puppy food that contains grain can be harmful to dogs, many buyers have reported their dog looking visually healthier when on a grain-free diet. This issue is not black and white however, and far more testing needs to be done before it can be said either way whether grains are harmful to your dogs diet.
As it stands at the moment though, the general consensus leads towards purchasers preferring grain-free puppy food.
Best Pitbull Puppy Food Reviews
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B006BU77F4″ cloaking=”default” height=”384″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51nlJhAIUPL.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”240″]Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula with Bison and Roasted Venison Dry Dog Food, 30-Pound Bag[/easyazon_image]
This is the highest rated Pitbull puppy food, due in no small measure to the fact it is made with real roasted meats ensuring your dog is getting top quality protein that you would eat yourself (in a different form). The fruit and vegetables mixed in with the formula provide natural anti-oxidants and puppies have noticeably sleeker and healthier looking coats.
As Pitbulls are extremely muscular dogs, it is essential they bulk up during their puppy years and this food within a few weeks has an obvious effect on puppies growth rates and muscle tone. You might not need to feed your dog quite as much as other brands due to the high quality of the product and puppies usually become more energetic within a few weeks on this diet. An energetic Pitbull is a healthy Pitbull so this puppy food can really set your dog on the right track early in life.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B003R0LLA8″ cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51h3fl2Ma0L._SY355_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”180″]Purina Pro Plan Dry Dog Food, Focus, Puppy Chicken and Rice Formula, 34-Pound Bag, Pack of 1[/easyazon_image]
Purina is a very well known brand and this formula also uses real meat – in this case chicken – to ensure your dog receives high quality protein. Purina have tried to pack their puppy food with as many beneficial ingredients as possible, making this the second best dog food for Pitbull puppies, DHA from fish oil helps promote brain and vision development and the antioxidants work towards strengthening your Pitbulls immune system – this is highly important as Pitbulls can be prone to diseases.
Puppies seem to love this brand and, like Taste of the Wild, have perceptible growth and health improvements within a few weeks of a Purina diet.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00KZKM2DI” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/512MkCoff9L.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”260″]Merrick Grain Free Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-Pound[/easyazon_image]
Deboned chicken is the number one ingredient in Merrick puppy food, making it another good value brand that comes in third as the best dog food for Pitbull puppies. The ingredients are also locally sourced ensuring they are fresh and therefore the best quality food items your puppy can get.
Merrick is high in amino acids which promote muscle growth and the results are undeniable, puppies can’t seem to get enough of this food and it is an excellent choice in ensuring your puppy grows up healthy and happy.