6 Best Dog Frisbees 2020
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
Dogs need to unwind after a long day just like we do, and what better way to fit in some exercise than playing Frisbee! As the dog days of summer come to an end, the perfectly mild temperatures of fall will beckon you and your dog outside for more playtimes. Frisbee, a sport increasing in popularity, is a great substitution for ordinary walks, chase or catch and retrieve games.
Once traditional Frisbees have become more complex and we’re here to help you pick the best dog Frisbee for your dog. When looking for a long-lasting dog Frisbee it is important to notice durable and easy-to-clean material. For this reason, plastic Frisbees are great, as well as any type of rubber Frisbee. Additionally, you want to buy a Frisbee that is the right size for the breed of dog you will be playing with. Keeping all of this in mind, we have composed a guide to the top six dog Frisbees currently available.
- Top 6 Best Dog Frisbee Overview Chart
- What to Remember Before Playing Frisbee:
- 3 Best Dog Frisbees
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00486UC4G” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. Hyper Pet 9″[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B002CM941K” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Hyperflite Jawz Disc[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B000W4L54O” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. Booda Tail-Spin Flyer[/easyazon_link]
Top 6 Best Dog Frisbee Overview Chart[ws_table id=”6″]
What to Remember Before Playing Frisbee:
We want you and your dog to have a great time playing Frisbee together, therefore it’s important to take a few precautions before jumping into the game.
- Teach Your Dog Basic Commands. In order to make your dog understand that Frisbee involves both catching and retrieving, you should teach your dog basic commands including “fetch”, “come” and “give”. Reinforcing a job well done with a small treat each time will quickly teach your dog that this is the behavior you want each time you play Frisbee together.
- Be Aware of Possible Injury. Understanding which types of injury your dog’s breed is most susceptible to is important. For example, hip dysplasia is a common problem in larger dogs so it is important to throw the Frisbee closer to the ground to avoid excess strain on your dog’s hips upon landing.
- Remember the Age of Your Dog. Related to the previous point, dogs slow down a bit as they age, just like we do. For this reason it is important to know how much energy your dog can safely exert without becoming overly tired. Also remember to take breaks and bring plenty of water for the both of you.
3 Best Dog Frisbees
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00486UC4G” cloaking=”default” height=”400″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51tF2NS-bpL.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]Hyper Pet 9″ Hyper Flippy Flopper Dog Toy, Colors may vary[/easyazon_image]
This is by far the best dog Frisbee on the market right now. As previously mentioned, durability is a must and this Frisbee delivers just that. Made with soft rubber and nylon, this Frisbee can be taken anywhere and look like new afterwards. Not to mention this Flippy Flopper is safer for your dog’s teeth than other harder conventional Frisbees.
Another great feature of this Frisbee is how kid-safe it is. We know that kids often like getting involved in pet-play as well, which can be a bit worrisome for parents. However, since this product doesn’t have any removable parts, parents can rest assured that their children are safe.
Finally, this product is water resistant and floats. A great weekend outdoors isn’t complete without some time in your favorite lake or river, and now you don’t have to worry about losing toys along the way!
The Hyper Pet Hyper Flippy Floppy Dog Toy is consumers’ favorite because it is kid-safe, easy to clean and waterproof.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B002CM941K” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/416W7y87bdL.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”240″]Hyperflite Jawz Disc, 8-3/4-Inch, Glow-in-the-Dark[/easyazon_image]
Though this Frisbee is a bit more expensive than others on our list, it is definitely worth the cost! Known to be the world’s most durable canine competition disc, this Frisbee is resistant to puncture from your dog’s teeth, ensuring that you and your dog will be playing fetch for as long as you please.
The Hyperflite is great for high-intensity, longer-flight throws due to its aerodynamic characteristics from polymer material. Being extremely lightweight, this product is capable of being thrown record-setting lengths, pushing your dog to run faster and jump higher while improving their endurance.
This disc also glows in the dark, a rare feature for Frisbees, and will allow you and your dog to continue playing even after the sun sets. With as little as 20 minutes of sun exposure, this Frisbee will glow brightly in the dark. The longer it is left in the sun the longer its glow will last.
The Hyperflite Jaz Disc is great for playing fetch at night because of its glow-in-the dark feature. It also flies farther and faster because of its polymer manufacturing.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B000W4L54O” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/412T8Mmlq4L.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”270″]Booda Tail-Spin Flyer, 10-inch[/easyazon_image]
The Booda Tail-Spin Flyer is also a best-seller, and one in particular that my Golden Retriever enjoys! This disc comes in a variety of sizes so that you can fit the Frisbee to your dog’s size.
Similar to the previously reviewed Frisbees, this disc is made from durable material and floats when placed in water. This Frisbee received top marks because of its flexibility, as well as reduced risk of hurting the dog’s teeth and gums.
However, my favorite feature of this Frisbee is that is can double as a water dish. When I’m on the road with my pup it’s always a challenge to pack his water dish and a water bottle to fill it with. Now, I can simply bring his Frisbee and grab some water wherever we go.
The Booda Tail-Spin Flyer is known for its durability, water-resistance, ease of use on teeth and gums as well as its ability to be used as a water dish.