10 Best Dog Shampoos for Itchy Skin 2020
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
Have you ever experienced an itchy, irritated scalp? Sometimes, it just happens out of the blue and for your pooch, the same thing can happen. Itchy, irritated, flaking skin isn’t uncommon for dogs to develop, but most of the time, it’s nothing too serious.
However, watching your dog struggle through the discomfort of itchy skin can be very troubling for any responsible pet parent. The solution? Using the best dog shampoo for itchy skin will help soothe irritation and give your pup some well-deserved rest from the relentless itch.
Find out which products promise to keep your dog’s itching at bay and learn how to choose the best one for your pup by reading through this complete guide.
- Top 10 Dog Shampoos for Itchy Skin Table
- Choosing Dog Shampoo for Itchy Skin Problems
- Top 3 Best Dog Shampoo for Itchy Skin Reviews
- [easyazon_link asin=”B01GIJ1Z6E” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. Bodhi Dog Oatmeal Shampoo[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00J3X9WK4″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Gerrard Larriett Aromatherapy Shampoo[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B01A6AMOSO” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. Rocco & Roxie Soothe Oatmeal Shampoo[/easyazon_link]
Top 10 Dog Shampoos for Itchy Skin Table[ws_table id=”124″]
Choosing Dog Shampoo for Itchy Skin Problems
Many pet owners tend to think that all dogs are the same and that they respond to all treatments the same way. The truth of the matter though is that dogs may or may not positively respond to certain products, and it all depends on how well you can choose the right formulation for your pooch.
Instead of taking chances with a product that might do more harm and develop more irritation, make sure to choose based on facts. These considerations should help you choose the best dog shampoo for itchy skin so you can bypass trial-and-error purchases.
- Ingredients. Not all dog shampoos have the right ingredients to relieve and resolve itching. That’s why there are specific shampoos that are formulated for the purpose of itch relief.
Some of the most common ingredients that you’ll find in anti-itch dog shampoos are:
- Oats. Colloidal oats, which are sometimes simply listed as oatmeal or oats in ingredient lists, are finely milled oats that are suspended in a liquid formula. The oats soothe the skin and combat irritation that could cause further itching.
- Baking Soda – Leaving a thin coat over the skin, baking soda helps relieve itching by covering the affected areas in its neutralizing properties.
- Essential Oils – These naturally derived oils work to nourish the skin, reduce irritation, and lock in moisture to combat dryness. This also helps prevent flaking and helps guarantee that skin is kept healthy and hydrated.
- Added Benefits – Aside from being able to soothe itching, a good dog shampoo should also be able to provide other benefits for your pup’s optimal health.
For instance, some pet shampoos work not only for itching but also for pests such as fleas and ticks; this gives you double the benefits for using a single product. As a rule, however, you should choose an anti-itch formulation that prevents ticks and fleas, instead of killing them if your dog doesn’t have any.
These formulations are often much milder on the skin and fur, so you won’t have to worry about aggravating whatever irritation your pup might have.
- Coat Care – Your pup’s skin isn’t the only thing that needs care and treatment. Often, when your dog experiences any skin irritation, coat health is likely to follow suit.
Ensuring that your chosen product cares for both the dog’s skin and fur will help guarantee holistic health and wellness; this also promises that your dog will look his finest no matter how harsh the environment might get.
Top 3 Best Dog Shampoo for Itchy Skin Reviews
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B01GIJ1Z6E” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71FUvrCqEFL._SP500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
Combining the anti-itch properties of oatmeal and baking soda, this highly effective product has often been called the best dog shampoo for itchy skin. Effectively reducing itching and irritation as soon as it’s applied, your dog will be sure to feel instant relief when you use this product for his next bath.
The Bodhi Dog Oatmeal Shampoo with Baking Soda is formulated not only to reduce itching but also to moisturize both the skin and coat for a healthy, lustrous look and feel. With mild natural fragrances and powerful cleaning properties, this shampoo is also highly reliable when it comes to odor control.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00J3X9WK4″ cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81VlOkZqxvL._SP500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
Infused with oatmeal, this natural formulation is a mild product that works great on sensitive skin. The organically derived ingredients are safe for use on all types of dogs, and deeply nourish skin to resolve irritation and prevent it from recurring.
Aside from being a reliable and effective solution for skin health, it’s also a wonderful aromatherapy shampoo for dogs. With the Gerrard Larriett Aromatherapy Pet Care De-Stress Lavender and Chamomile Shampoo and Conditioner, you can be sure that each bath with your pup will be relaxing and calm for their maximum enjoyment.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B01A6AMOSO” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41JgwA9PL5L._SP500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
Another premium oatmeal infused product is the Rocco & Roxie Soothe Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs. With its mild and natural formulation, this product aims to soothe irritation and bring down itching and redness for immediate relief.
Incorporating olive oil, aloe, and shea butter, this product moisturizes, nourishes, and hydrates dog’s skin as deeply as possible. With such a potent combination of premium ingredients for skin health, the Rocco & Roxie Soothe Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs is the ideal product for pups with severely dried, itchy, flaky, and irritated skin.
The only problem that some users have had with this product is that it can be difficult to wash off because it may feel slimy to the touch due to the inclusion of several oils.