Once you’ve decided that you’d like to have a fish tank in your home or office, the search begins for the best products (and the fish!)
All of the small details in the items you choose can make a big difference when it comes to caring for your fish, so if you’re interested in finding the best fish tank without spending a fortune, this is definitely the right spot.
Unless you’re planning a high quality, professional level fish tank (which could cost you thousands of dollars), these smaller tanks are great for entry-level fish owners or those of you who aren’t interested in spending a small fortune.
We’ll also provide you with useful shopping tips, so be sure to read everything before you make your decision!
- Top 6 Fish Tanks Table
- Buying Information
- Location Makes a Difference
- Top 3 Best Fish Tanks Reviews
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00O8SZTKQ” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. Marineland ML90609 Portrait Aquarium Kit[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B0089E5VLC” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Fluval Spec V Aquarium Kit[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00P8FLRFE” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. KAZE HOME Wall Mount Fishbowl[/easyazon_link]
Top 6 Fish Tanks Table
There are a few things you need to know when it comes to choosing a fish tank.
- Size. The size of the fish tank depends on the number of fish you will purchase and also the type of fish.
Different types of fish require different amounts of space if they are to survive and remain healthy, so be sure to speak with the fish expert you’ll be buying them from before you choose a size.
The most important thing to remember is that the accessories you choose will also take up space in the tank, so if you want to incorporate a lot of them, you might even consider going a size up on the tank.
- Material. The best fish tank is definitely a glass one, since glass is much heavier than an acrylic, it’s not always the right option for everyone.
Smaller fish bowls tend to be made of acrylic, especially for beta fish, but when and where possible, we highly recommend that you stick with glass.
- Hood. If the tank you like does not come with a hood, see how easy it is to purchase one separately.
Most hoods have lighting on them, but again, you’ll need to speak with your fish specialist in order to determine what kind of bulb you need based on the type of fish you have chosen.
If you know you need a light, be sure that you have enough space to place the fish tank in your home because it will need to be located near an electrical outlet.
- Weight. Be sure that the surface that you’d like to place the tank on can actually handle the weight of the tank once it has the water and decorations inside, as well.
Location Makes a Difference
When it comes to placing the fish tank in your home, there are a few important things to take into consideration so that you don’t kill your fish.
- Air Vents. Make sure there are no vents near the tank location that will blow hot air or cold air: heaters, AC units, etc.
Sudden changes in temperature can be devastating to fish and the last thing you want to do is see them floating belly up on the top of the water!
- Doors, Entryways. Even entryways where the door will open and close often (especially if it is an door outside) can cause temperature changes for fish, so try to choose the safest location in your home and office for them.
All of these suggestions will help you choose the right fish tank for your needs, and it is better to consider all possibilities and scenarios before you purchase one rather than after.
Top 3 Best Fish Tanks Reviews
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00O8SZTKQ” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91rutKM8q5L.SP500.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
Marineland has a nice little 5-gallon square aquarium that is perfect for those who are just starting out.
This is part of their “Desktop” collection since it is ideal for those with smaller spaces or if you have a surface that can’t handle super heavy loads.
It comes with their hidden 3-stage filtration system, Rite-Size Z cartridge, Marineland’s Bio-Foam and an adjustable flow filter pump.
The LED lighting system also offers you three different settings so you can adjust it to the desired brightness output.
Overall, we would recommend a product like this to those who have more serious intentions and want a reliable tank and kit right from the start.
It is a bit more expensive, but well worth it in the long run!
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B0089E5VLC” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51B50ys9z6L.SP500.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
This 5-gallon rectangular shaped Aquarium is great for those of you with more serious “fishy” intentions. It measures 17.2 inches long, 10.6 inches wide and 6.3 inches high.
The kit includes an LED lighting system with 37 bulbs total, a 3-stage filtration system that includes a foam block and both activated carbon and BioMax bio rings.
You can use this with both marine fish or freshwater fish.
If you’re looking for a rectangular 5-gallon tank, we definitely recommend this one!
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00P8FLRFE” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61wDUkYXNJL.SP500.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
This lightweight fish tank would be ideal for those of you who have a beta fish or gold fish and you’re looking for something a little more decorative for the home.
This is a square bowl made of acrylic material that measures 8 inches wide by 8 inches high (diameter of 4 inches) that will hold about one gallon of water.
Be careful not to fill this tank too full because since there is no cover on the top, some fish can jump out if the water is close enough to the top.
Other than that, it is a great little tank that is perfect for those of you with little space for a large aquarium.