Best Litter Box for Multiple Cats 2020
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
A house with multiple cats can lead to a lot of mess to clean up, particularly if you don’t have the right size litter boxes. A box that isn’t fit for multiple cats can result in kicking and scratching that sends litter over the sides and leaves a mess for you to clean up. Rather than using the small boxes one cat households might use it’s important you research what type of litter boxes are most effective in a house with multiple felines. You need to consider size and depth but also what type of box your cats may prefer.
- Your Own Cats Behaviour
- Top Ten Litter Boxes
- Buying Information
- The Best Litter Box for Multiple Cats, Top 3 Reviewed:
- [easyazon_link asin=”B000HHLVA4″ locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. Petmate 22040 Giant Litter Pan[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00UF3P74G” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Favorite® Cat Litter Box[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B004N1NAPY” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. Nature’s Miracle Litter Box (P-5915)[/easyazon_link]
Your Own Cats Behaviour
This is important to note, if you have more than one cat then your litter boxes should be designed exactly for that purpose, however, you should still have more than one throughout the house. Depending on your cats temperament they might not take kindly to sharing a box with another cat so whilst it’s important to give them that option, don’t be too surprised if your cat still prefer to have their own separate bathroom.
Top Ten Litter Boxes[ws_table id=”8″]
- Size. Litter boxes for one cat should be at least 1.5 times the length of the cat and as wide as the cat is long, giving them plenty of room to scratch around and bury their waste. When considering a litter box for multiple cats it’s a good idea to take this sizing into consideration and make sure your litter box is at least half that size again so that your cats aren’t treading in each other’s faces. Cat’s are quite hygienic animals and won’t use the box if they feel it is dirty.
- Location. Your cat values privacy when using their version of a toilet and so if you place your litter box in an area that is high-traffic they might become nervous and unwilling to use it, if they feel uncomfortable felines will seek out other, more secluded spots to do their business.
Furthermore, placing the litter box in a quieter area is more beneficial for any humans living in the household as it helps reduce unwanted odours.
The Best Litter Box for Multiple Cats, Top 3 Reviewed:
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B000HHLVA4″ cloaking=”default” height=”299″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/312Nd89pbwL.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”340″]Petmate 22040 Giant Litter Pan, Bleached Linen[/easyazon_image]
Petmate ranks highest on our list, probably due to the sheer size/depth of the tray. Petmate are a well known and trusted brand and the box can hold more than 30 pounds of litter so its depth makes it hard for cats to kick anything outside the box.
It contains convenient storage compartments built into the box so you can store your pooper scooper and anything else you might need with ease, we find it is sufficient for a house of at least seven cats and isn’t so deep you need to worry about the younger ones getting stuck. This is the best litter box for multiple cats precisely because it has been designed with that in mind.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00UF3P74G” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41zLXfj1w4L.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”255″]Favorite® 25-Inch by 19-Inch by 16.5-Inch Cat Litter Box with Rim Extra Large/ Jumbo Rimmed Triangle Litter Pan/ Giant High Sided Corner Litter Box, Light Blue[/easyazon_image]
This is the second highest rated box, but the highest rated of the enclosed variety. Enclosed litter boxes help control odours and provide your kitty with privacy whilst making sure the litter isn’t liable to scatter all over your carpet.
This one is also bigger and deeper than the average litter box making it perfect for a multiple cat household, plus, because its enclosed you’re making your house smell fresher and less like cat litter. The box doesn’t get dusty easily and the lid is easily removable with four simple latches for when it’s time to scoop up litter and replace it with fresh.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B004N1NAPY” cloaking=”default” height=”487″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41rVfg4TrkL.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]Nature’s Miracle Advanced Hooded Corner Litter Box (P-5915)[/easyazon_image]
This ranks as the third best litter box for multiple cats and we think its space saving design is the reason why. It’s cleverly designed as a corner box so it can slot in easily without giving up valuable litter space for those of you with lots of furry friends.
It has antimicrobial protection to inhibit the growth of odour that causes bacteria meaning it is easier to clean and more hygienic than other brands. Like the ‘Favorite’ it’s enclosed which is better for obstinate cats that like to throw litter all over the place.