Whether dogs can be given bones or not is a debate that seems to have no answer. Some say that these are good for your dental health, and that they also love them. They believe that the nutrients found in the marrow of the bones are very beneficial for the health of dogs.
However, on the other side, there are those who claim that a bone will kill your pet. What is the reality? Is it possible or not? And if so, what bones can you give your dog?
Many pet owners offers bones for Dogs thinking that was home made and Good for dogs. It is a food and an entertainment that dogs love and enjoy like no other. But there are many who doubt whether it is right to offer this type of food to the animal. Lets check this article to clear all the doubts on Can Dogs Eat Bones Question.
Can Bones be Given to Dogs?
As we have said, experts on the subject debate on this matter. However, advocates of dogs eating bones are based on the ancestors of the dogs to support their theory. They claim that if dogs are descended from wolves and they eat bones, why can not they?
It is known that wolves eat their prey completely, including the skin in some cases. Bones are the dessert, perhaps because they are delicious. So based on this theory, you can give bones to dogs.
Now, there is the other side of the coin, the experts who say that it is not good to give this ‘food’ to dogs and based on these statements:
- Although it has been proven that wolves and dogs have many similarities. When going through the process of domestication the dogs have evolved. Therefore, their pace of life, which is very different from the wild.
- No longer requires a certain type of feeding. Therefore, their diets should be different.
- Wolves are not exempt from internal damage caused by a bone. The only problem is that we are not there to see it.
- These animal experts say that the bones can cause great damage in animals and could even cause death. either by asphyxia or by perforation of a vital organ.
So, you can or can not give bones to your dog? It’s up to you.
If you want to feed bones to dogs then we are providing the best bones which you can feed to the dogs. These Bones may not cause any damage if it is done properly.
What bones to give to dogs?
What we do now is that dogs love to eat bones and this is the only ‘theory’ on which many pet owners rely. If you are one of them and you have decided that you want to give this caprice to your dog. It is important that you know the answer to the following question:
what bones can you give your dog? We answer it!
The below are the bones which you can feed to your dog with lot of care.
Duck Neck Bones:
This type of bones is highly recommended because of its high nutritional value and because it does not entail any danger for your pet. It contains a lot of nutrients in the cartilage and the marrow. It is not the case of chicken or turkey. So do not confuse them.
Bones of RES
There are several body parts of this animal that have beneficial bones for Dogs. For example, in the femur or knee have a large cartilage and also hide meat with which your dog will enjoy a lot. Why not give it a whim? Pork knee bones are also good.
With these you have to be much more careful because of their small size and how easy they splinter. Before deciding whether or not to give this type of bones to your dog, talk to your veterinarian. However, if you choose to do so. Choose those that are larger and do not have a tip that could puncture or damage your bowel.
As in the case of chicken bones, those of lamb should also be large to avoid accidents. So if you decide to give bones to your dog, always remember that these must be raw, never cooked.
Do not lose sight of it when you’re chewing a bone and remember that these are always big so you can not swallow them. Surely your pet will have a great time!
- Can dogs eat scrambled eggs with cheese
- can dogs eat oranges
- Are bananas good for dogs
- Can dogs eat cinnamon
- Can dogs eat almonds
Some Tips Before Giving the Dog a Bone to Eat:
Bones can be given to dogs as long as the product is well selected. It’s not worth any type of bone. Here’s how to offer a bone to the dog:
- Many dogs eat bones without anything bad ever happening to them.
- Many owners are aware that if there is a happy moment in the day to day of your pet. Is that in which the dog is put a bone in front to nibble and lick.
- Even so, many specialists do not recommend bones for dogs or if they recommend them, they do so with many requirements.
- The problem is that there are certain types of bones that can splinter when bitten by the dog. If this happens, you risk in dogs health is great.
- A piece of bone can perforate the intestine and cause peritonitis in the dog. There is also a risk that the animal chokes with a piece of bone or that areas of the digestive and respiratory system are damaged.
- To avoid these risks and protect the health of pets, veterinarians recommend bones for large and round dogs , such as hip or knee.
- Long bones like those of marrow also serve and are safe.
- Small bones are dangerous because of their ease in breaking. It is not advisable to offer bones of rabbit to dog for this reason.
- Avoid offering cooked bones to dogs. Cooked bones show an ability to break or splinter.
If done safely, offering a bone to the dog of the characteristics described in the above points can provide the animal a moment of entertainment and play. In addition to that it can clean and strengthen their teeth.
Hence, Giving a bone to dogs with some simple care is always good to Dogs Health and Us. Therefore, We have provided all the important things and tips to be taken before feeding Bones to Dogs. So I hope you have got the answer for Can Dogs Eat Bones and What type of Bones should be Given. Feel free to post your questions in the comment section we will solve your query as soon as possible. Stay Tunned to Dogsfud for More Tutorials on Dogs.