Can Dogs Eat Popcorn? Is Popcorn Safe for Dogs?
Our website is supported by our users. We sometimes earn affiliate links when you click through the affiliate links on our websiteContact us for Questions
Can Dogs Eat Popcorn? On cold, rainy or holiday days we can enjoy our free time with the one who is always by our side. So It might be Our Dog as well. In the event that we want to see a movie on a Saturday night. We will have to sit on the sofa and wait for him to come and join us. Without a doubt, it is the best option for winter and even for when we do not have money for the party.
You can take advantage of her warmth to keep her feet cold, to hug her if the killer’s scene frightens you and even to cry unmercifully with the end of a love movie. When we think of a movie, we automatically imagine a huge bag of popcorn, crispy, hot and rich. And that’s when we have a question: can we share with our dog? If these dogs want anything, they put on a “poor” face that we cannot resist giving them what we are eating.
Unless you can keep your eyes on the screen and not once look at your pet. It will be very difficult for you to be the “bad guy” and not offer him even a couple of popcorn. Is it safe for your dog to eat them? So in this article, We are providing the complete guide on whether can you share popcorn with your dog. Is popcorn safe for dogs? All this will be explained below.
Can Dogs Eat Popcorn, Safe or Not?
Yes, Dogs can eat popcorn but in less quantity only. Although you like this food, it seems that it is not so good for us and the dog when we take in large quantity. Popcorn is a diet rich in fat and calories. It is not good if you consume in large quantities. High-calorie popcorn can cause obesity and certain problems in your pet, dog.
Also, if what you are given is a hardcore of popcorn, you are afraid to show a broken dog’s tooth.
Popcorn is Safe for the Dog?
Certainly difficult to resist the food of dog food, people especially when the animal starts the charm. Dogs are accomplished actors who have mastered the art of begging for food. So, what would I do if my dog mumbled with a sad expression to his eyes on the human food bowl?
The owner of the animal would give a piece and then another and another until the dog was hungry. Popcorn is one of the safe food people that can be given to the animal but not in large quantities.
Considerations about Popcorn
As a first step, we must bear in mind that we can not give our dog the same thing that humans eat. It always happens, even if there are foods that are suitable for pets. In the case of popcorn, they are not very nutritious food (neither for us nor for them). However, it can serve as a training element. That is, every time he does something right or learns a new “trick”, we give him a reward.
It is important to keep in mind that popcorn with butter, salt or added sugar can be harmful to your dog’s stomach health. In case you want to give one or two as a gift for their good behavior, they should be natural and homemade. Excessive intake can lead to intoxication, vomiting or diarrhea.
Another issue to consider is that they can pose a risk of suffocation, especially in small dogs. The inflated flakes can lodge in the throat because it is probable that the animal does not chew it. In addition, granites that have not burst can get stuck in the teeth or in the airways.
What if I Just Give My Dog a Handful of Popcorn?
We already know that extremes and excesses are not good. It is basic to teach the dog not to order food when the owners are having dinner or lunch. But it is also essential that as owners, we are smart when “fulfilling” the whims of the animal.
- It is true that they are very convincing and can take a bite even the most heartless. If we do not give something of our plate we feel bad, we feel sorry, we say that “a little will not hurt”, etc.
- In the case of popcorn, the veterinarians indicate that everything resides in the quantities and in the periodicity. This means that if we give a handful from time to time and one by one is not bad for the dog.
- To be suitable for the consumption of our pet if or if they should be natural: no butter, no sugar, and no salt. Give him popcorn and wait a few minutes to give him another one. It is not a matter of letting him eat the entire bag without supervision. Tamoco must be left with the “desire” to enjoy the same food from its owner.
- In general, this rich food that accompanies us while we watch movies is not a threat to our other company without discussion (our dog). Because it contains carbohydrates, high quantities are not advisable even for us (especially if we do not want to gain weight )
- Try to make the popcorn yourself. Make sure they do not contain any condiment or additive that can cause digestive problems to the hairy. If you meet all these guidelines, you have “permission” to give your dog popcorn.
F.Q.A on Can Dogs Eat Popcorn
1) Can unpopped popcorn hurt a dog?
Yes, Unpopped Popcorn Hurts a Dog as they are hard to digest and it will be not good to feed to dogs. Dogs have an undeveloped digestive system and it may get damaged.
2) What happens if a dog eats popcorn kernels?
If Dogs Eat Popcorn Kernels or Unpopped Popcorn kernels, the kernels get stuck in the tooth of dogs and cause choking hazard once they’re dislodged.
3) Does Popcorn Upset Dogs Stomach?
Popcorn can cause a lot of issue in dogs when it is consumed heavily or if you feed him daily. Yes, sometimes things like Stomach Upset, Allergic Issue and more.
4) Will popcorn make a dog sick?
No, it doesn’t f you give the recommended popcorn to him. You should only give him Plain, Air-popped popcorns to feel it nice to enjoy his treat. But Kernel might get stuck in the dog’s teeth and cause a choking hazard.
5) Does popcorn give dogs diarrhea?
Yes, it does if you feed him in large quantities or if you offer him popcorn daily. Always make sure to give in fewer quantities to protect him from all these things.
Therefore, the conclusion to Can Dogs Eat Popcorn is that popcorn is not all bad for dogs. Occasionally you can give the plain popcorn to the dogs instead of the grains or the butter popcorn. But you have to see and keep noticing how your dog chews. If you have problems with your dog’s teeth, stop immediately. Hope you like the article on Can Dogs Eat Popcorn with all the necessary things. Share & Like the article with friends and families at the social network sites.