Keeping an eye on your cat’s diet is not always easy. Some are busy and they forget to feed, others overfeed, and some aren’t always around to make sure their cat is eating the right quantities.
Using a food dispenser is great for cat owners who want to make sure that their cat is getting the right amount of food at the right times. Cats love routine, and having an irregular feeding schedule can be stressful to cats.
In order to regulate your cat’s daily feeding routine, have a look at the six best automatic cat feeders below.
Things to Take into Consideration
- Size Of Kibbles. Some automatic feeders will only dispense certain sizes of kibble, so you need to make sure that the brand you buy will fit. If you decide that you’d like to use the cat dispenser for your dog, too, then this may present a problem.
In this case, you can find a dispenser that is appropriate for both cats and dogs.
- Intelligence. Never underestimate the intelligence of a cat! They are great at problem solving and you don’t want them figuring out how to open the feeder or knock it over (breaking it) so that the food will spill out. Keep the feeder in a secure location and always make sure that the lid is tightly closed.
- No Wet Food. Automatic dispensers aren’t designed for wet cat food, so you’re out of luck if you feed them wet food only. Dispensers are meant for dry food.
Top 6 Automatic Cat Feeders Complete Table
|1. Petsafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed||$$||4.6|
|2. Super Feeder Csf-3XL Automatic Cat Feeder||$$$$||4.6|
|3. Crown Majestic Diamond Series V3||$||4.2|
|4. Pet Feedster USA PF-10 CAT Pet Feedster Automated Pet Feeder For Cats||$$$$||4.1|
|5. Automatic Pet Feeder - Wireless Whiskers AutoDiet Pet Feeder||$$||4.0|
|6. Petnet SmartFeeder - Automatic Pet Feeder||$$$||3.8|
Why Use Them?
They can help you regulate your cat’s diet (prevent over-eating), they’re great for cat owners who leave in the morning and return home late, and for forgetful cat owners who might not always remember to feed their furry friends.
Don’t use automatic cat feeders as an excuse to leave for days and weeks at a time without having someone check in on them. Your cat is an important part of your family and needs regular supervision to ensure his or her safety!
How They Work
There are different styles of automatic feeders:
- Single Bowl. These contain a storage bin on the back of the machine where you pour all of the food. Once you set up the schedule and quantities, it will open up and dispense the food into a single bowl in the front.
Like a gumball machine!
- Bowl With Troughs. Others are just a single bowl with various troughs (or trays). They have a cover on the top with an opening that is the size of one trough. You program it to turn and reveal the next trough (full of food) at the time you want.
Some also dispense water.
Top 3 Best Automatic Cat Feeder Reviews
This feeder works well for cat and dog kibble (which is usually larger in size) if you happen to use it for your dog on occasion, too. Just be sure not to use it for both animals at the same time!
You can program it to feed your cat up to 12 meals a day and it has a slow feed mode that will dispense food every 15 minutes. This is great if you want to offer your cat smaller portions more frequently, so that they won’t overeat.
You can also pause it and resume the regular feeding schedule once you start it back up again.
It’s like your cat has won the jackpot! This cool dispenser drops down the kibble in style.
You can program it to dispense numerous small portions throughout the day and it’s also big/heavy enough that your cat will have no success knocking it over or breaking into it.
It’s dishwasher safe and will pass kibbles up to 5/8 inches in diameter.
This is a food dispenser and a water dispenser. Two-in-one!
It can hold up to 4.4 pounds of food and dispenses four different portions of food. If you have a healthy weight cat, then the quantities are fine, but overweight cats might be better off with one of the other machines.
The pieces in this are also dishwasher safe.
Keeping your cat healthy with a regular food schedule is important. Be sure to use our guide above to help you find the best automatic cat feeders for your cat!