A large pup will also have an equally large appetite, so help you determine which is the best large breed puppy food to make sure Rocky, or any other large puppy, will grow up to be the big, strong adult dog, we highlight the top brands for you in our guide.
- Take This into Consideration
- Top 10 Large Breed Puppy Foods Complete Table
- How Do I Choose?
- Top 3 Best Large Breed Puppy Foods Reviews
- [easyazon_link asin=”B006HKBWBI” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]1. Nutro Ultra Dry Dog Food[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B003M5XJTY” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]2. Holistic Select Natural Dry Dog Food[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link asin=”B00K0E8YCM” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”senappblo-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]3. Eagle Pack Natural Dry Dog Food[/easyazon_link]
Take This into Consideration
Before you select a puppy food, consider the following.
- Previous Kibble. Be sure to find out what type of kibble your puppy has been eating prior to arriving at your home. You’ll want to buy a small quantity of the same kind and then gradually introduce them to the new kibble you’ve chosen to make sure they tolerate it well.
- Allergies. You may already know about (or discover later on) your puppy’s allergies, so be sure to keep his or her diet free of anything that may cause an allergy flare up.
It’s usually best to get small quantities of the new food you would like to feed, because if you purchase a large bag and find out they are allergic to one of the ingredients, you will have wasted your money.
- Small Tests. And speaking of small quantities, it’s a great idea to buy small bags in order to test them out on your dog. You may find that they despise one brand buy gobble up another. Sometimes it takes trial and error, so you can keep your expenses down by purchasing small bags.
Donate any excess kibble to a local animal shelter!
Top 10 Large Breed Puppy Foods Complete Table
How Do I Choose?
Finding the right dog food takes some research.
The best thing you can do is read the ingredients label. Read it from top to bottom, side to side, and make sure you understand what will pass through your dog’s tummy!
Avoid foods that contain corn and wheat, and compare the ratio of ingredients to see what percentage of the food is carbohydrates, fat and protein to make sure it’s balanced.
Each puppy is different and sometimes your vet will know which is the best food to feed your puppy, especially if he or she suffers from an illness or food sensitivities.
Do the research and then talk to your vet about it if you have doubts. The main priority is your dog’s health, so if you have to spend a bit more on kibble for a healthy dog, you’ll save yourself an unhealthy dog and high vet bills later on!
Top 3 Best Large Breed Puppy Foods Reviews
It was difficult to narrow down the choices, but we had to do it!
The three best large breed puppy food brands are.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B006HKBWBI” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81g99-fJGxL._SL500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”210″]
This corn-free and wheat-free kibble will build the foundation of a long, healthy life for your puppy, and for such a high quality dog food, the price is unbeatable.
Dog owners rave about Nutro Ultra and love it for the powerful antioxidants it contains (such as blueberries, carrots, pomegranate, spinach, cranberries and tomatoes); for the three lean animal proteins (farm-raised chicken, lamb and salmon); and it contains healthy joint and brain development nutrients that are important at this stage of puppy’s growth.
If you’ve tried all of the other brands and just aren’t satisfied with the results, then you must try Nutro Ultra. The results will speak for themselves!
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B003M5XJTY” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71GvfVFgbFL._SL500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
Looking for something that’s appropriate for your giant breed puppy? Maybe you selected a Saint Bernard or Newfoundland and find that all of the other kibble is too small.
Luckily, the Holistic Select Natural brand makes larger kibble to match your large puppy, and it’s packed with natural ingredients that both you and puppy will love.
Holistic brand understands that your pet’s gastro intestinal tract is the most important barrier to disease; therefore, a healthy, digestible kibble is essential.
Their kibble formula focuses on a healthy digestive system, containing active probiotics, fiber, and digestive enzymes. Add all of this to the grain free recipe rich with lamb and chicken, and you’ve got a recipe for dog success.
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B00K0E8YCM” cloaking=”default” height=”500″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/914ag8BvjyL._SL500_.jpg” tag=”senappblo-20″ width=”250″]
Another great corn-free and wheat-free kibble for your puppy is Eagle Pack Natural Dry Dog Food. This particular formula is designed for dogs that will weigh over 50 pounds once they’re adults, so keep that in mind as you shop!
This food will help your puppy grow at a healthy rate by the controlled amount of calories and balanced minerals. It also contains a fatty acid that is found in mother’s milk, which helps support brain and eye health in your growing puppy.
Again, the immune system depends on the quality of the kibble that passes through the gastro intestinal tract, and the vitamins and minerals in this kibble help support a strong, healthy immune system as it’s broken down and digested.
For your cute, giant puppy to grow into an even bigger, healthy adult, try Eagle Pack! A great choice for many giant puppy breeds.